Welcome to 2016! By now you’ve probably read all of the vendors’ “predictions” for 2016, are done with the holiday celebrations and are ready to implement your New Year’s resolutions. For me, starting a new year always brings excitement with it – thinking about everything we can achieve. It is like standing in front of freshly cut grass before a soccer game: The smell in the air, how clean the grounds are and the potential for big things to happen.
At indeni, we have great plans for 2016, which I will detail below. But first, let’s look back at 2015:
- We’ve achieved incredible growth in 2015. To give you an idea, in the month of December alone, we’ve partnered with more new customers than the entire year of 2014. As of the first of the year, indeni’s software analyzed 21.5 terabytes of data every single day.
- Our new users include some of the world’s largest financial organizations, retailers, sportswear manufacturers, federal, state and local government agencies, health and high education institutions, airlines and many many others. It is always exciting when someone who considers you a customer, becomes your own customer.
- We’ve added support for F5 LTMs (5.1) and Palo Alto Networks’ (5.2) firewalls. Existing customers, as well as new ones, have already begun to enjoy the level of visibility we can deliver for both.
- Our R&D team worked diligently to implement over 400 fixes and improvements (5.3) to drastically improve the product’s performance and stability, ahead of our plans for 2016. We’ve also doubled the size of the team over the past 12 months.
- The US office (where our sales, marketing and US support teams reside) has moved to Potrero Hill in San Francisco. The office itself is four times bigger than our previous one and we’re working diligently on filling it up with smart, motivated people.
As we look ahead to 2016, here are our plans:
- Release indeni 6.0. This will be a major release and will include a completely re-written user interface as well as new features. More details to follow soon.
- Continuing our incredible growth in users. Partner with more customers as well as expand our footprint within existing customers. Our goal as a company is to cover all types of IT infrastructure under the sun.
- Expanding the set of devices we support. In 2015, we’ve re-written parts of our infrastructure that allow us to more rapidly add support for new products. In 2016, we plan on accelerating the pace of new product support.
- Unveil a completely new infrastructure in our product that will allow users to write their own checks, as well as share them with other users. This new infrastructure will also be used internally by us to further speed up the process of manually writing checks.
- Expand our usage of machine learning to auto-generate checks. Our algorithms will move from focusing on very specific sets of data, to analyzing all the data indeni is capable of collecting and automatically generating checks using the new infrastructure discussed in the previous bullet.
Over next couple of months, I will be conducting thirty minute calls with many of our existing users, as well as potential ones, to understand how we can help make 2016 a successful year for them . If you’re interested, feel free to comment below or email me directly (my first name at indeni dot com).
To a successful 2016!