DescriptionAlert when Disk usage is high
Remediation StepsReview the contents of the mount points to see what can be deleted or moved and attempt to identify whether there's a specific cause for this.
1. Clean all unused files (request system storage cleanup) routinely.
2. Remove the debug files after debug is done.
3. Configure sending logs to remote log servers.
4. Review the following article on Juniper tech support site: Operational Commands: show system storage partitions (View SRX Series)..
5. If the problem persists, contact the Juniper Networks Technical Assistance Center (JTAC).
How does this work?This script logs into the Juniper JUNOS-based device using SSH and retrieves the output of the "show system storage detail" command. The output includes the device's storage utilization.
Why is this important?It is very important to monitor the disk space usage of a system. If the disk space is full it will prevent writing more data to the disk. Compressing and moving data from a disk that is 100% full is time consuming, which is why it is important to take care of any such issue early.
Without Indeni how would you find this?An administrator could login and manually list the disk space usage. Vendors generally provide tools which provide access to this information.
View Source Code