Announcing ServiceNow Integration
We are announcing native integration with ServiceNow. ServiceNow is a software-as-a-service provider of IT service management. Indeni users can now leverage ServiceNow to improve operational workflows, as well as align service desk and security teams for faster incident capture and resolution.
Indeni issues will automatically create ServiceNow incident tickets based on the severity. Incidents will be populated with the following ServiceNow fields:
- Short Description: Indeni Issue headline along with the device name. For example: “VPN tunnel(s) down – <device name>”.
- Description: A detailed explanation of the problem, issue items (e.g. VPN tunnel impacted), remediation steps, notes and user annotation.
- Impact: High, Medium or Low.
- You can map Indeni severity of critical, error and warning to high, medium and low respectively.
- Caller: Identify the user who reports the problem.
- Assigned to and Assignment Group: Identify the group to work on this incident to help ensure that the ticket is routed to the correct team right away.
As new events relating to the issue are uncovered, Indeni will update the ticket with the new information. Each time Indeni adds an item to the NOTES section, it will be reflected in the ticket. Effectively, the information in the ServiceNow ticket is identical to the information presented in the user interface.
When the incident is created successfully, a NOTE will be added. Clicking on the incident ticket number will cross launch the ServiceNow portal.
Integrating with ServiceNow has been one of the most requested integrations by our customers. I invite you to upgrade to 7.0 and configure the ServiceNow Integration. For more details, visit our ServiceNow Integration documentation page.