Indeni: There’s More To A Name Than Meets The Eye
When you visited indeni.com today you likely noticed a change. We updated our company identity and the Indeni logo to better represent the value we provide to our customers—happiness.
We believe that successful companies are created by happy people.
When you are happy, you are more productive and can propel your business forward. This goes for the employees that work at Indeni as well as the partners and customers we serve. With that said, creating happy employees isn’t easy, especially in Information Technology.
There are a number of reasons why it’s difficult to be an IT professional today.
- The number of hardware solutions to support an Enterprise is off the charts.
- Networking and data center operations are moving to the cloud.
- IoT products are becoming a must-have to differentiate from the competition. These solutions create an even greater reliance on network availability and the infrastructure supporting it.
Combine the changes in the technology landscape with not having enough time to invest in their professional development, it’s no wonder employee satisfaction in IT is at an all-time low. There are over 250,000 jobs open in the US alone for Network Operations.
Our Founder saw the need for a change back in 2009, as Network Engineers and Administrators struggled to balance the day-to-day operations; canceling meetings and pushing projects to move to the most urgent task at-hand. That same premise stands true today as the number of devices and the data they generate is growing at an extreme pace. Now more than ever before, it is important for IT operations professionals to spend their time well, and we have designed Indeni from the ground up to enable this.
Three ways Indeni enables IT to spend their time well:
- Crowd-sourced learnings. We aggregate lessons learned from your peers and provide them to you as needed through our platform in the form of human readable notifications. This knowledge is collected from the device manufacturer, our customers, and power users of those devices from around the world. View example Indeni notifications for Check Point, Palo Alto Networks, F5, and Cisco.
- Automation. We remove the manual task of running scripts and queries to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of performance degradation or downtime. Out-of-the-box Indeni knows what to investigate and runs the appropriate commands to inspect the device and find the answer.
- Analysis. We compare the data collected from your devices within your environment across logs, configurations, and other granular metrics only accessible through a non-SNMP connection. The internal and external correlation of these attributes, within your environment and against the data of the Indeni customer base, allows us to reduce noise for IT. There are hundreds of network monitoring, security incident, and configuration management solutions that will send you alerts. We believe it’s not the volume, but the accuracy and actionability of those alerts that will make every individual IT professional more effective.
Our colors are a constant reminder of our purpose
Similar to the creators of Wi-Fi, we thought the name of Indeni sounded quite cool. You can see how we arrived at “Indeni” through a combination of coding and scripting here. Our colors however have a few symbolic meanings:
- Blue = Relief. We want you to have a sigh of relief when using Indeni. We’ll find issues you didn’t know you had and give simple instructions for how to fix the problem fast.
- Green = Reuse. We work with some of the best and brightest IT professionals, as you have over the course of your career. It’s the combination of their education and experience that makes them so valuable. We believe the only way to solve the challenges that present themselves at each stage of the IT lifecycle is to collaborate with other IT professionals.
- Smile = Happiness. Can you see the smile in our logo? We hope that by using Indeni you and your customers are able to do this more often.
Are there ways we can increase your happiness as a customer or partner? Let us know by commenting below or contact us here.