About The Position
Indeni is the crowd-sourced automation platform for network and security infrastructure. With Indeni Crowd and Indeni Knowledge organizations gain access to living repository of automation tasks across maintenance, high availability, security compliance, best practices and network state awareness. Indeni is at the forefront of NetDevOps as it puts responsibility for automating network operations straight into the hands of the network and security engineers.
To achieve its goal, Indeni has built a platform on top of which the knowledge base is built. The platform is easy to use for non-coders. To generate the knowledge base, we are seeking experienced network and security engineers interested in making a mark on the world of network automation. You will learn to code in our special programming language, and will be part of a global team of IT-turned-developers. The code is visible here:
The engagement is ideal for those with certification and experience in specific products (listed below) looking to share their expertise globally.
This engagement includes:
- Up to $100/hour payment. Consultants make $3000/month on average.
- A part time consultancy role. You may be located anywhere in the world.
- A path into coding - we will teach you to code, a useful skill to have.
- A very interesting project and an opportunity to run your code in enterprises around the globe.
Technologies we are currently targeting (new devices added to this list regularly), virtual, cloud and on premise:
- Blue Coat (ProxySG, Director & CASB, Blue Coat Security certification)
- Check Point firewalls (CCSE certification)
- Cisco Firepower, Routing and Switching (CCIE certification)
- Citrix Netscaler (Citrix Certified Expert)
- F5 BigIP (LTM, GTM & AFM, F5 Certified Solution Expert)
- FireEye (FireEye System Engineer/FSE certification)
- Fortinet firewalls (NSE required)
- Imperva Web Application Firewall
- Juniper Security, Routing and Switching (JNCIE-ENT required)
- Palo Alto Networks firewalls (PCNSE required)
- Radware Alteons and DefensePro expert
- VMware vCenter (VCIX6-DCV, specifically experience with HA required)
Are you ready to be challenged?
- Commitment of 5-10 hours a week, and a minimum engagement of three months. Most of our knowledge experts tend to work at nights and weekends, as they have a day job.
- Official certification in the technology you apply for and at least five years’ experience in working with it.
- Strong English skills are required as you will be doing some documentation (but no need to be Shakespeare).
- Your name will be credited to the work you do unless you are uncomfortable doing so. We believe people should be known for their contributions.