We always recommend a system administrator defer to the vendor’s official documentation on credential creation. Please follow the vendor’s instructions for configuring the device for access with an ssh key, and then use the Indeni WebGUI to store the Private key in the relevant Credential Profile.
In order for Indeni to run its full set of discovery and interrogation scripts, a SSH user with a role of administrator needs to be used to connect your device. It is highly recommended that a unique Indeni user is created for auditing and security purposes.
On Indeni, please make sure to provide the Privileged password in the Credential Set associated wit this device.
Creating User via WebUI
- Log in to the Symantec CAS WebUI.
- Go to Settings → Users → Local Users
- Make sure the Enabled check box is selected.
- Click Add User to add a new user.
- Fill in the user name and password and set the Role to Administrator.
- Click Add to finish adding the new user.