indeni’s unique technology is machine learning based and it accumulate enormous amounts of data on each device it runs checks on 24/7/365. This proves to be helpful to IT Pros looking to improve the stability of their mission critical environments.
The knowledge collected, indeni Insight, is a massive database of all checks, misconfigurations and alerts created from networks from all over the World. The data is anonymized for the privacy of our clients. As more devices are added, indeni continuous to expand its learning curve. Virtually, predicting, preventing and giving our users remedial, comprehensive solutions to their most common problems they did not know they had. See below for the most frequently asked questions and contact us if you didn’t find the information you need.
indeni is the newest innovative platform in information technology design with predictive analytic algorithms to help IT teams predict issues before they become major events like outages or network failures. See how indeni works here.
- Information of the indeni server itself (version, memory usage, disk space usage, etc.).
- Current configuration of the indeni server (devices connected to, users defined, etc.). Note that this configuration does not contain passwords or keys.
- Alerts issued by indeni, excluding IP addresses and confidential information indeni deems sensitive.
- A copy of the inventory report (similar to what’s issued via indeni’s web dashboard), with IP addresses and sensitive information removed.
- Trends of critical metrics on devices indeni is connected to – such as CPU, memory, disk space, NIC utilization.
- Samples of logs from devices indeni is connected to with IP addresses and sensitive information removed.
- The data is used to collect industry-wide statistics on how devices are being used, what issues are occurring, the performance of the devices, etc.
- Specific device data, such as the logs, are used to improve our algorithms for expanding our knowledge automatically. For example, certain logs that appear across multiple devices in multiple locations help us discern their importance.
Before the data leaves the indeni server, it is cleaned (IP addresses and sensitive information removed) archived and encrypted. It is then sent to our file store on Amazon Web Services (S3) using HTTPS. The file is then pulled by a separate system, decrypted and analyzed. The results from the analysis are stored in several different databases that are only accessible using two-factor-based credentials available to a few key indeni employees. The data stored in these databases is separated to ensure that it cannot be used in a manner that may compromise the safety of any of our customers.
A handful of indeni employees (that are under confidentiality agreements) have access to the data for the sake of analyzing it and improving our knowledge. In addition, they utilize the data to construct reports on trends in the industry as well as customized reports for customers helping them compare themselves to similar organizations around the world.
indeni is highly accustomed to signing NDA’s with users to help respond to legal needs. Please contact your indeni account executive to get this done quickly and easily.
No it is not. We have gone to great lengths to ensure this is the case. Our founding team is composed of cyber security experts and we have put the security of our customers and our own assets at the top of our list of priorities.