Last Revised: September 10, 2018
What does this policy cover?
Indeni has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our company commitment to privacy. The following discloses the practice of information gathering and dissemination of our products, services, web properties and subdomains including indeni.com, blog.indeni.com and indeni.zendesk.com.
- Your Consent
- What information we collect about you
- Where do we store your information?
- What do we use your information for?
- How do we protect your information?
- How long do we keep your information?
- Your Rights
- Indeni End User License Agreement
Our websites and Services are intended to be used by individuals over the age of 18. If we become aware that we have collected the personal information of a child under 18, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please immediately contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information.
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our products, and when third party services provide it to us.
- Account information: We collect information about you when you register for an offer such as a free trial of Indeni, or the Indeni Support Portal.
- Information you provide through our products: This includes Indeni Insight product, where we collect and store anonymized device statistics. You can view more about the data Indeni Insight collects and how to enable or disable.
- Public Content: Your contributions to the Indeni Community are intended for public consumption and are therefore viewable by the public, including your photos, ratings, reviews, tips, lists, collections, compliments, Ask the Community posts, and Challenge responses. Your account profile (e.g., first name, last initial, city, month joined, profile photos) is also intended for public consumption, as is some of your other activity through the Service, like how you vote on other people’s contributions, which users you follow, and which topics you bookmark. You can limit the public nature of some of these activities through your account settings. Change your Indeni Forum settings and your Indeni Learning Path settings.
- Website behavior: If you are one of our website visitors, we may collect non-personally-identifying information such as the browser type you are using, the referring site, IP address, date and time of each visit. We collect information when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form for any of the downloadable resources we have online.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password you use to register, and you should always be careful whenever disclosing information online. The amount of personally identifying information you provide is up to you, and you are not legally obligated to provide such information. However, your use of the Site or the Services may be curtailed if such information is not provided.
Where do we store your information?
Indeni is the sole data controller of the information collected through our website, front office and back office applications. We will use and disclose such information in the manner described in this Policy. Indeni utilizes a number of cloud based services to provide you with the best possible experience. You can view the list of these web based applications here.
What do we use your information for?
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails: The email addresses you provide, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order.
- To enhance security. In order to maintain reasonable security, provide developers with the information that is useful in developing new features and Services for our users, enable us to develop and improve the features, contents, and Services available, fulfill your requests for our products and Services, in connection with your use of the Site or Services, to respond to your inquiries about our Services, to offer you our products or Services that we believe may be of interest to you only if consent has been explicitly provided, to carry out transactions which you have requested, to enforce our rights and resolve disputes.
- To collaborate with your preferred partner. In certain cases, we may provide personal information to other third parties, such as partners. We require an Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with our partners to ensure all customer information remains confidential. Sample information provided under an NDA includes the Budget owner, Technical influencer(s) and/or End users contact info, product usage requirements, business initiative(s), desired purchase timeline, dates and prices, internal policy information.
- To cooperate with authorities. In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process or in response to a law enforcement agency’s request; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe appropriate to comply with applicable laws, regulations, orders, legal processes or government or regulatory requests. In such cases we reserve the exclusive right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us. When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this Site, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms and other agreements, including where we believe you may have breached the Terms or other agreements with Indeni or its affiliates, to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud or illegal behavior, security or technical issues, or protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Indeni, its affiliates or users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- To complete a business transaction such as a merger or acquisition. In the event that Indeni goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our Site for 30 days before any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate precautions to protect your personal information by using physical as well as technological security devices.
- We have implemented physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that are designed to protect the security of your information in compliance with the GDPR as well as any other applicable laws in other parts of the world . These include advanced firewall and password protection for our databases, physical access controls to our buildings and files, and restricted access to your personal information to employees that need to know that information to operate, develop or improve our Services.
- We have invested in leading-edge security software, systems and procedures to offer you a safe and secure platform and protect your personal information. While no security system is absolutely impenetrable, we will continually monitor the effectiveness of our security system and refine and upgrade our security technology as new tools become available.
- Indeni employees are kept up-to-date on security and privacy practices. If you have any questions about the security measures we use on the website please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com
How long do we keep your information?
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. Where any of the uses of your data described above requires your prior express consent, note that you may withdraw your consent through contacting us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indeni encourages you to review your information regularly to ensure that it is correct and complete. As a registered user, you can review and change your personal information by completing this form or contacting us at email@example.com
You also have the right to access, rectification or erasure of the personal information held on our systems, the right to object or restrict the processing of your personal information, and the right to data portability. You may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification of Changes
How to Opt Out
You will be required to ‘opt-in’ to having your personal information used for any purpose not directly related to website upon registration to the Site. If you no longer wish to receive additional information or promotional materials from Indeni, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by sending an email with the word ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line to the following email address email@example.com or using the opt-out mechanism described in the relevant email.
Here are instructions to update, edit, delete your information:
- Remove cookies
- Update your support preferences
- Update your Forum preferences
- Update your Learning Path preferences
- Update your contact and company information
- Be forgotten from all Indeni databases? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions and Feedback
If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to make a formal complaint to the relevant data protection authority. Data Protection Authorities can direct all queries to email@example.com