We always recommend a system administrator defer to the vendor’s official documentation on credential creation. Please follow the vendor’s instructions for configuring the device for access with an ssh key, and then use the Indeni WebGUI to store the Private key in the relevant Credential Profile.
In order for Indeni to run its full set of discovery and interrogation scripts, a SSH user with a role of administrator needs to be used to connect your device. It is highly recommended that a unique Indeni user is created for auditing and security purposes.
Creating User via WebUI
- Log in to the FireEye NX WebUI.
- Go to Settings → User Accounts
- Enter user name and password. Select Admin for Role.
- Click ADD USER.
- Confirm new user account was created successfully by viewing all active users on User Accounts
Creating Users via CLI
- Log in to the FireEye NX device using SSH
- > enable
- # configure terminal
- # username <username> password 0 <password>
- # username <username> role admin