We get it. The network and security software markets are difficult to navigate. There is an overwhelming list of technologies that you could use to monitoring, manage, troubleshoot, and analyze your environment. Goal of this blog post is to help you understand where Indeni can fit in your environment.
Here are a few technology categories you are probably familiar with:
- Network Monitoring
- IT Monitoring
- Log Management
- Configuration Management
- Security Incident & Event Management
What is Indeni? None of the above.
Indeni is a crowd-sourced automation platform.
Our community of certified IT professionals collaborates on every automation script. On average our professionals have 10 years experience and 3 certifications such as CCIE, CISSP, PSNE. Through the development process they share thousands of years experience of tips and tricks for uncovering, analyzing and remediating issues. Every script is reviewed and approved by Indeni to ensure quality, security and scalability.
Today we are a read-only system that performs task validation and advises on remediation steps. With Indeni you can verify your environment is operating as intended, and make the changes you deem necessary.
You can use the automation capabilities and knowledge out of the box and build your own scripts. Every script Indeni runs is visible through the user interface also. Our goal is for the technology to earn your trust, so that we can together complete more low, medium and high risk automation tasks down the road.
How does Indeni compare to other technologies?
Did you know there is an acronym for this expansive set of solutions called “NetSecDevOps”? “NetSecDevOps” stands for Network Security Development Operations. Wow, that’s a mouthful!
Indeni is a crowd-sourced automation technology.
- Automation. Indeni is an automation technology, focusing on network and security devices
- Crowd-sourced. Indeni automation scripts are crowd-sourced from community of IT experts, reviewed and approved by Indeni product team. This is different than other automation solutions where the software vendor creates the templates, reports, as opposed to experienced IT professionals.
Where does Indeni fit in my infrastructure?
- Indeni sits in the Network layer as an abstraction layer on top of physical and virtual devices. Unlike other solutions, no agent or installation is required for supported devices.
- Indeni uses collectors to extract data from devices. Our collectors use the native protocol of the device, which is many times is an API or proprietary protocol. By using this method we capture more data than traditional SNMP or Syslog only approaches.
- Use experience of IT professionals to determine if an issue is important or not. Our logic contains rules and metrics, and is written by certified experts in those devices. This ensures that an expert is validating a device is working as intended.
- Indeni comes with Knowledge out of the box. You can leverage the experience of thousands of industry experts, and build your own scripts in the Indeni Knowledge Language.
Benefits of a Crowd-Sourced Automation Platform
Indeni is the way of importing the world’s knowledge into your environment.
Indeni is the crowd-sourced automation platform for critical network and security devices such as firewalls, routers, switches and load balancers. Indeni is complementary to your existing Monitoring and Management solutions. We integrate with existing ticketing systems such as ServiceNow, Splunk and others to allow you to weave Indeni right into your existing processes.