For security reasons you may want to operate your Indeni server without outside access to the Internet. Given that our product requires outside access to the internet to upgrade to the latest versions, this can pose some difficulties. Because we take security seriously, we have developed an offline process by which you can upgrade the version without having to open your Indeni server to an outside connection.
Downloading and Installing
Before you begin you will need to download the following packages:
Once downloaded, transfer both files via SCP or SFTP to the Indeni server then do the following:
1. Create an offline folder by typing
2. Transfer the latest.tar.gz and the packages.tar.gz to the directory you just created:
3. After the files have transferred, unpack the latest.tar.gz file by typing the following:
tar xvzf latest.tar.gz
It will create an additional sub-directory named after the current.version.number (e.g. 184.108.40.206) you are upgrading to.
5. Next, go to the current.version.number directory:
6. Now unpack and install indeni-triton.deb by typing the following:
sudo dpkg -i indeni-triton.deb
Note: In case of failure, please run the following commands:
cd /home/indeni/offline rm -rf packages tar xzvf packages.tar.gz sudo dpkg -i packages/ubuntu-deb/pool/main/d/dpkg/dpkg_1.17.5ubuntu5.8_amd64.deb sudo dpkg -i indeni-triton.deb
You are now ready to upgrade!
Type ‘imanage’ and then choose #2 to upgrade.
Please Note: The upgrade process can take anywhere between 10-15 minutes depending on what version you are upgrading from. Please contact email@example.com if you require further assistance.