For security reasons you may want to operate your Indeni server without outside access to the Internet. Given that our product requires outside access to the internet to upgrade to the latest versions, this can pose some difficulties. Because we take security seriously, we have developed an offline process by which you can upgrade the version without having to open your Indeni server to an outside connection.
Downloading and Installing
1. Download the Indeni upgrade files
2. Log in to the Indeni server, using SSH, create an offline folder and move to it:
Note – if the offline folder already exists, please ensure it is empty by deleting or moving any old files or sub-folders as they may result in the Indeni server attempting to upgrade to the incorrect version.
Note – following the upgrade to Release 8.1.0, steps 3-6 are replaced with the command “pre-offline”
3. Transfer the indeni.latest.tar.gz and the packages.latest.tar.gz via SCP or SFTP to the Indeni server into the /home/indeni/offline folder.
4. After the files have been transferred, unpack the indeni.latest.tar.gz file by typing the following:
tar xvzf indeni.latest.tar.gz
It will create an additional sub-folder named after the current.version.number (e.g. 7.10.04) you are upgrading to.
5. Next, go to the <current.version.number> folder:
6. Now unpack and install indeni-triton.deb by typing the following:
sudo dpkg -i indeni-triton.deb
7. Upgrade the Indeni server by running ‘imanage’ and then choosing #2 to upgrade.
Enter “y” when asked if you want to perform an offline upgrade.
Please Note: The upgrade process can take anywhere between 10-30 minutes depending on what version you are upgrading from. Please contact [email protected] if you require further assistance.