The Indeni installation file comes in an Open Virtualization Appliance (.OVA) format and is ready for import. Indeni supports installation of virtual servers on a variety of Virtual Machines (VM’s). Please contact Indeni Support if you have questions regarding installation on an alternative environment.
The .OVA file includes 64-bit Ubuntu 18.04 (Ubuntu 14.04 in versions prior to 7.1) with the required packages, so there is no need to pre-install an operating system on the virtual server. The .OVA file comes pre-configured with 6 GB RAM, 4 Cores and 146.5 GB Hard drive.
Indeni 7 is certified for installation on VMware ESXi releases 6.0, 6.5 and 6.7
The minimum system requirements based on the connection of 5 network devices are as follows:
- CPU: 4 x 64-bit capable processors
- Disk Space: 150 GB
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- NIC: 1 x 10/100 Gb Ethernet
- Connectivity: The Indeni server needs Internet access to retrieve software updates. This may be done directly or via HTTPS proxy. While not recommended for Production Environments, you do have the option of using DHCP.
Please Note: The server must be connected to a local network during the installation process. Lack of connectivity may result in the setup script hanging during network configuration. If it is not possible to connect to the network, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web User Interface Access Requirements
The Indeni GUI, or Indeni Dashboard, is accessible via Web UI. So, you can now analyze both local and remote network devices over VPN or directly, providing you with a complete and comprehensive view of your network deployment at a global level, through a single web browser.
Supported Internet browsers include Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. The browser’s pop-up blocker needs to be disabled.
Please Note: It is preferable to use Google Chrome, since it has performed best in testing.
Analyzed Device Requirements
If communications between the user workstations and Indeni, and/or the communications between Indeni and the analyzed devices pass through a firewall, please allow the following:
Traffic from the user workstations to Indeni on the following ports:
- SSH (TCP 22) – Allows SSH access to the Indeni device’s operating system.
- HTTPS (443) – Used for accessing the Indeni Web UI from users’ workstations.
- HTTP (80) – Used for accessing Insight. Please Note that Insight requires access to “service.indeni-ops.com” over ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS)
Traffic from Indeni to the analyzed devices:
- All Supported Devices (Advanced Analysis):
- SSH (TCP 22) – Used for collecting information from the analyzed devices.
- HTTPS (TCP 443)
- SNMP (UDP 161)
- HTTP (TCP 8082) – Blue Coat ProxySG devices
Please Note: The ping test can be deactivated in the individual device’s configuration at the Monitored Devices tab under Settings.