2.4 Installation as a Virtual Machine
Installations as a Virtual Machine
The Indeni OVA is used for deploying the system in virtualization environments as a virtual appliance. You can access the download page at http://offers.Indeni.com/download-Indeni to download the Indeni OVA. You can then supply the downloaded OVA to your virtualization environment’s administrator for deployment. Please see the Virtual Lab Installation for more detailed installation instructions, or visit the install video guide.
Configuring the Indeni Virtual Appliance
- Log into the VMware interface, such as vSphere Web Client, and select Deploy OVF Template
- Configure Indeni VMware
- Select the OVF file and proceed to run the wizard
The wizard will ask for the following:
- Name and folder of the new VM
- VMware resource to use for the VM
- Storage device
- Select the relevant network (see below)
After clicking on Finish, wait for the OVA deployment to complete.
Use the VMware interface to power up the VM and access its console.
Logging in to the System – Console
You can log in to the system with Username: indeni and Password: indeni4it. In production environments, it is highly recommended that users change the default password, using the passwd command.
Logging in to the System – Web Interface
- Open a browser window
- Access Indeni’s User Interface at: https://[your-server-ip-address]
- Log in to the Indeni UI:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin123!