Release Notes 5.0
We’re excited to announce the release of version 5.0! After being used for quite a while by some of our customers, we’re ready to have the whole world enjoy what 5.0 brings.
IMPORTANT: 5.0 includes major changes to the underlying infrastructure of indeni’s engine. As a result, upgrades are done via a complete re-installation of the indeni OS and application. The upgrade maintains all of the existing monitoring definitions and alerts. Please contact indeni’s support to conduct the upgrade together.
- The Analysis tab has been added, providing the ability to visually track critical metrics over time. These metrics are compared to the alerts issued (those orange bubbles at the bottom of the graph in the above screenshot).
- Tabs have been re-organized in the web console to better fit our users’ task oriented activities (see more information below).
- indeni Insight can now be configured from the web console.
- indeni 5 introduces the use of a new type of database in order to support the collection of data for the Analysis tab. This data includes: CPU, memory, disk space, connections and various NIC error statistics.
- Following Lessons Learned from indeni 4 the SSH infrastructure was replaced in order to support better error handling related to connecting and communicating with the devices under monitoring.
New product versions supported:
- IK-1675: Support CP R77.20
- IK-951: Support FortiOS 5.0.1
NOTE: Customers who require support of a given product version prior to the main release can contact [email protected] and a development build will be provided.
- IK-1677: Alert for Check Point device running with a Trial License
- IK-1376: Inform when Dynamic routing protocol state changes
- IK-1365: Notify when OSFF Topology Tree is rebuilt
- IK-1316: evice profile – Alert if there are 2 different VTP domains in the same LAN
Changes to the Web Console
Following the feedback from our customers we have made some minor changes to the tab assignments in the Web Console in order to make it more intuitive:
The Operations Management tab incorporates the previous Home and Monitoring tabs.
- Analysis holds the new trend graphs pane displayed above.
- Home Dashboard is now available in the Network Health pane.
- Signatures are now presented under Knowledge Management.
The Compliance Management tab has replaced the Device Config Management tab.
- Configuration Checks replaces the Device Profiles pane.
- Configuration Journal replaces Change Tracking.
- Configuration Check Reports replaces Device Profile Compliance.
The Tools tab is a new one:
- The Live Debug feature has been deprecated in favor of focusing on other functionality of indeni.
- Live Configuration replaces the previous Actual Configuration pane (previously under Device Config Management).
- Search replaces the Device Explorer pane.
The Reporting tab now holds the Inventory Report (previously under Device Config Management).
The ”indeni insight” tab was added to support enabling the new indeni Insight service (read more).
Bugs fixed and minor improvements:
- Numerous performance and usability enhancements in the web console. Including:
- WC-1996: speed up multiple Alert Acknowledge
- WC-1642: eliminate errors caused by device deletion
- WC-1691: Ability to select and act on multiple alerts across multiple pages
- WC-2004: Add more details to “ClusterXL member is in a critical state”
- WC-1969: Reports | enhance behavior of item deletion
- WC-1962: Resolve memory leak in FF30
- WC-1950: Improve stability of “By Management” view
- WC-1945: Network Health | smoothen zoom behavior
- WC-1942: “Knowledge management” subtab loading speed improvement
- WC-1935: Signatures – columns sizes correction
- WC-1923: Usability – increase length of search field
- WC-1900: Improve organization of options under “Resolve” button
- WC-1878: Make Ignored Items show in the Device’s Alert configuration
- WC-1817: Add an ability to select more than one interface for P1 MDS or CMA
- WC-1404: Display default thresholds for signatures
- WC-1403: Add an asterisk (*) symbol next to every signature with changed thresholds
- IS-1019: Tools-Troubleshooting – add “cpstat os -f sensors”
- IS-1002: Actual Configuration – ClusterXL Mode is “unknown” in some cases
- IS-980: Decrease occurences of alert flapping
- IS-953: Actual Configuration performance improvement
- IS-914: Improve the responseof the “stop monitoring” feature
- IS-887: Make identification of a device upgrade quicker
- IS-876: Reduce time it takes to shut down indeni
- IS-866: Move SSH communication layer to Apache SSHD from Ganymed
- IS-826: Improve speed of leading actual configuration
- IS-780: Change Tracking accuracy improvements
- IS-742: Add Alert Severity to the Subject of alert e-mails
- IS-618: Expose API to fetch measurements + history
- IK-1690: Route overlap identified – don’t alert when next-hop is the same
- IK-1689: Improve accuracy of Check Point ClusterXL sync-related alerts
- IK-1688: SA#24915 alerts (e.g. packet errors) should contain the total number of packets that we compare against
- IK-1674: “A NIC has failed recently (SA#24915)” include concise log file data
- IK-1672: Reduce sensitivity of “Errors have been found in packets received by NIC (SA#24915)”
- IK-1671: “EIGRP unidirectional link identified” – improve accuracy
- IK-1633: Cisco – improve troubleshooting when there is an issue with the privileged mode password
- IK-1564: Improve discovery of Fortigates using banners
- IK-1541: Reduce sensitivity of the “Proxy ARP Enabled” alert
- IK-1250: Loopback alert – do not alert in case there is a management port
- IK-1112: Add “vsx stat -l” and “vsx stat -v” to the debug report for VSX devices